Saturday, February 23, 2013

Welcome to Chivo Bravo

Hello world, kaixo lagunak, bienvenidos al chivo bravo. Daniel Montero naiz, Renon bizi naiz (sorry my Basque sucks!), I am Daniel Montero, living in Reno, Nevada, born in Winnemucca, Nevada, citizen of the world with stops in Eugene, Oregon; Cuernavaca, Mexico; El Limón, Dominican Republic; Santiago, Chile; New York City; Richmond, Virginia; Miami, Florida; and probably some other places I'm forgetting right now. I have been working at the Center for Basque Studies for the past (almost) five years and have a chance to really make an imprint on the world of publishing about Basque topics in English, I love this little corner of the world.

I got into editing through my desire to be a writer, and I have to admit that for much of the past five years as I've focused on my work I haven't done much writing, but recently I've dusted off the old writing urge and have been spending my nights working on some writing projects. What I am working on right now is a autobiographical "novel" (it's a bit of a genre bender to be honest) provisionally entitled Moving On that deals with four journeys that chronicle the arc of a relationship, a pretty specific relationship to be sure, but also I think/hope the life of relationships together, especially between people who have a hard time being in one place for too long.

So this blog has a simple purpose, to write about these two things that I hold very near and dear to my heart. Entries will be wide-ranging dealing with writing projects, the creative process, book editing and marketing, Basque language classes (which I am in the first year of) and whatever else happens to strike my fancy. This blog will also be featured on my new personal website: www.danielmonteroreno.com and is also a complement to my other blog about adventures in life, La Pedaleada.

And finally, a word about the name. This blog is also dedicated to the cutest, best goat the world has ever seen, Bodie, who graced our life for a way too short of period, Bodie maite zatute.

No comments:

Post a Comment